Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Best 12 Years

This month marks my 12th anniversary with my dear husband.  Yep.  A dozen years.  (I’m saving the “baker’s dozen” crack for next year when we hit 13)  I look back on the decision to marry my hubs and realize we didn’t know each other that well when we married.  We had only dated on weekends (living 250 miles apart) and then were engaged only 3 more months (still living 250 miles apart!)  What is that?  26 weekends together before we tied the knot?  That being said, it was the best decision ever.  I married a gentle, hardworking man who’s always first to say sorry (even when it should be me).  He is an awesome husband and daddy!  He’s been known to play ponies with his girls, camp out in the yard with them and once he even (and this is just between you and me—he wouldn’t want it to get out) let the girls paint his toenails.  Here are some fun facts about the last 12 years

  • 4 darling daughters
  • 2 houses (and a ton of apartments—I don’t even care to count)
  • 4 cats (Jack & Leeny and our current 2—Foof & Leslie)
  • 1 dog (Pepsi)
  • 2 trips to disneyland
  • 1 trip to Yellowstone
  • 5 broken bones (yes, I am including my toe, I had to wear a boot didn’t I???) one of which required surgery
  • Raegan has spent approximately 300 nights in a Holiday Inn on business trips
  • a million priceless memories!

Marrying Raegan was the best decision and the future (and eternity) are looking pretty good!

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute. You guys are such a wonderful couple. Thanks for being such a great example for Cody and me! Congratulations on 12 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! That's awesome! You have been married double our time. We've been married 6 years. You deserve a date night with your hubby. I hope he is home and can take you out. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I really spent that many nights in a hotel with this job? E-gad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking to another 12 years and beyond.

    ReplyDelete