Our dear (aka wild) dog, Pepsi, was given free Canine Good Citizen classes from the shelter. I can’t believe how much we are learning! I think our dog has ADD though as she listens well when it is her and I but any other dogs/kids/butterflies/wind/flowers etc. around and she is deaf. Apparently I am not the only one who thinks she may have a difficult time paying attention because last week the trainer felt she may do better with “clicker training.” Clicker training is very simple and almost the same as regular training. The only difference is you train them with a click that means “good job” and they get the message they did good faster than you saying it (which is good if your dog can’t pay attention long enough to hear the soooo long words of “good job”).
Well, last Saturday my mom had kindly watched our 2 youngest while Raegan, the two older girls and myself went to training. When I went in to get the kids from her house, I may or may not have stayed talking to my mom for a minute too long. The baby was already in her car seat. When I saw Raegan coming up the steps I picked up the baby and acted like I was already on my way out and came to the door. I didn’t notice my husband had the clicker in hand. When I got to the door he…
CLICKED ME TWICE AND SAID “GOOD JOB!”
Apparently Pepsi is not the only one in training. :)
Did I click it once or twice. Ha ha ha. That was a good one.
ReplyDelete